1. Create Written Project Plans
This video, will describe why and how to create a written project plan
2. Purpose of a Written Project Plan
When you recognize that projects create things that currently don't exist or they modify what does exist one can readily understand that during a project differences will undoubtedly arise. The most effective way to resolve these differences is to document key elements of the project, share, collaborate, come to consensus, and continuously update the document, that is. the project plan.
3. Open the Project Plan
Project-Assistant provides a project plan feature. Open the project and select the second icon from the top of the left navigation bar.
The starting elements included in the plan will be dependent on the template used to create the project.
Customize the elements to meet your project's needs.
Best practice is to establish a minimum set time to review, share, and update the plan.
Record major accomplishments as the project progresses.
Record learnings and improvement opportunities as they occur.
6. Daily / Weekly Update Supports the Project Plan
The daily or weekly update complements the project plan.
Tie you updates back to the project plan.
7. The Project Plan is the Foundation For Defining the Project Scope
The Benefits Include:
- Project start-up is faster.
- The work is more predictable.
- Teams know what to expect.
- All members learn best practices.
- Project results are improved.
- and users develop a competitive advantage.
8. Thank You For Watching
Thanks for watching, please check out our other videos.